Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: May Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Wendy, I just want to wish you all the best tomorrow with your surgery. Hopefully your recovery will go very quickly and you will be able to enjoy the golf season.
    I haven't been around since ages, also because I'm still not able to stitch. Not out of the woods yet. But I'm getting there.
    Mireille
    GK - WIP: Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.
    GK - WIP: The Adoration of the Kings.

Images
    Oh Mireille, how wonderful to hear from you! I have thought of you many, many times and wondered how you are doing, but I didn't know how to get in touch with you. I hope you are continuing to improve day by day so that you can stitch once more, and get your life back to a new normal. Is your mother doing well?

Thank you so much for your well wishes!
    Wendy

Hey everyone! I think I will join in with my non-GK map if I can this week. It has been a while since I have been on. It is supposed to pour rain here this weekend which we need, but means no real yard work for me as my yard is heavy clay that just turns to yuck in the rain. And if you disturb it when wet it takes forever to dry out and settle. The following weekend I get to go to Wells BC where my Aunt is doing a quilting retreat. One of my other Aunt's is coming up from Washington State to do it and her daughter is coming up so her and I can sit and cross stitch together. I am not sure what I am going to take up with me yet.

Wendy I hope your surgery goes well and you have a swift recovery!
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Thank you for your well wishes, Tamara!

I’m so happy to see you back again - it’s been awhile. How are the studies going? Do you get the summer off, or does the course run all year? This stitching should be a nice break for you!
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy, I have sent you private message.
    Get well soon.
    Mireille

Images
    I'm definitely in for the weekend. I'll be finishing up Winter Wings Owl and will then be shifting projects. I still don't know which one I'm going to move to, but I have decided that I'm going to finish the Around the World challenge this year (goes until 12/31,) and then I'm going to stop on the HAED challenges for a while. I want to work on some of my non-HAED designs and can't do that when I'm participating in one of their challenges. Merry X-mas and Midnight Moon have both been calling to me.

Mirelle, it's good to hear from you again. Take care and we're all holding good thoughts for you.

Tamara, I'm looking forward to your progress on the map. I will also admit to missing your progress pictures on Magic Potion. Welcome back!

And Wendy, I'm sorry to hear your knees need surgery. That's never fun. But doing it by arthroscopic surgery is a lot better than needing to open them up and rebuild. I was so grateful they were able to do my right knee that way when I broke it a number of years ago. I'll be thinking of you all day today.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Thanks for the welcome back everyone! I may have 2 projects on the go this weekend. If my friend Trish is up to it I am going to go to her place and work on my Harry Potter stitch-a-long from last year too. She has had bronchitis so it will be if she feels up to it. And I may offer her some advice and help with setting up the Golden Kite that Carmen gave her. We are going to see if one of us has big enough scroll bars free for that. I need to have a dig though my stuff for her tonight.

Studying is going slow. So much of life getting in the way of it. I need to also do some of that this weekend while it is raining because I have a progress meeting with my mentor on Monday. It is a study at your own pace kind of thing and if you do it quickly it is 2 full years. I have done 1/4 of it in a year and want to try to catch up some. I had my laptop die last month and bought a new one so I just need to get back into it instead of binge watching Westworld.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Debbie, thank you very much for your kind words! I really hope to go back stitching in a couple of months. Meanwhile I be looking at all your beautifull progress.
    Mireille

Images
    And I did it! Winter Wings Owl is finished. Five months and 15 days, start to finish. <does happy dance>

You'll notice in the picture that the grid lines from the gridded fabric washed out without a problem. The same cannot be said for the fabric marker lines. Doesn't really matter, though, as I always intended to mat right up to the edge of the stitching anyway, so they won't show. But this will serve as a lesson to me not to use "washable" fabric marker. On the 25 count DMC Magic Guide I either have to put grid lines in with fishing line or learn to count to 20. And I did finally decide to start Goddess of Passion. I just can't resist all of those reds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-17 - WWO Finish 2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	9185
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Debbie, congratulations on your finish - it is gorgeous! I hope we'll see it again when it is framed. It's a good thing this was a full coverage piece, with those lines not washing out. This was an easy way to learn the lesson, rather than ruining a different piece.

Tamara, you're young, are working and have a life to live also, so if you can do this at your own pace, do it comfortably and don't rush.

Well, I had my surgery two days ago and can't believe the benefits already! Other than the mild discomfort and swelling from the actual arthroscopic surgery, my pain is gone. I've been limping for weeks, and already at two days I'm not limping anymore. When I get up from a chair I'm not hobbling like a 100 year-old woman. The doctor said there was a big tear in the right knee, and four areas he had to work on in the left knee. I have to take it easy for 2-3 days, ice it and do my exercises. He says I should be able to chip and putt on the golf course in 3-4 weeks and golf in 5-6 weeks depending on how I feel. I'm so happy I had this done!
    Wendy