Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: May Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Tamara, thank you very much for your kind words. I can only hope to be wrong and can stitch sooner.
    I'm very sorry to hear about your cat. It's so sad when you have to say good-bye to your beloved pet. I have three cats myself and lost a couple as well. So I know how it feels.
    Mireille
    GK - WIP: Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.
    GK - WIP: The Adoration of the Kings.

Images
    Aww Tamara, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. It sounds like he lived a long life with lots of love, and it's so hard to deal with when they go.

Mireille, I was hoping that you'd be able to stitch in just a month or two - six months is a long time. Hopefully your muscles will start responding sooner and your stitching can be part of your therapy.

Thank you Tamara and Mireille for your nice comments on David, and also your comments on Naproxen. The anti-inflammatory properties of the drug are great, but the side effects are not so great. My blood pressure was way too high for a few days, but after two days off the meds seems to be almost back to normal, and my dizziness and headache is gone. I'm managing with RICE - rest, ice, compression and elevation - the natural way!
    Wendy

Images
    Good morning! I'm a day late announcing the SAL, but here it is. I'll be continuing on with the fabric draping around David's pelvic area. I've finally found something the right height to elevate my legs while stitching, I can ice them at the same time, and it's definitely resting so I should have lots of stitching time!! Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    My condolences, Tamara. It's always hard to lose one, as they are as much family as anyone else n the household. We lost 3 in the course of about 18 months a couple of years ago and it was not fun. Hopefully, we're out of that cycle for a good long time now, as our eldest is only 7 years old (that's Mena), and Thunder and Lewis are only 2 and a little over 18 months respectively. Do you plan to get another cat? I know that we wouldn't know what to do without at least 2 cats (3 is actually our happy number) in the house.

I'm assuming we've got an SAL this weekend? If so, I'm in with Goddess of Passion. The picture below is my starting point for today. I started this last Sunday. I'm hoping to makes some good progress today. The rest of the weekend depends on the weather. We have tickets to the Indy 500 on Sunday. If the weather cooperates, and the race gets run on Sunday, then I should have Monday for some good progress, too. However, if we get over there on Sunday and it rains, it will back to the track on Monday to see if they can get it run then. So we'll have to see how it goes. At any rate, my current progress is a follows: Design - Goddess of Passion from artwork by Carol Cavalaris, charted by Heaven and Earth Designs; Design Size - 525 x 364 for a total of 191,100 stitches; Fabric - Easy Count by Zweigart in 25 count; Fibers - DMC worked 2 x 1. Current Status - 685 stitches complete (the percentage complete is still to low to even mention it) with 9 of the 88 colors in use.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-23.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	9192
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Oohh, what a beauty this is going to be, Debbie! Yes there is a SAL - I was just late announcing it. Enjoy the Indy 500!
    Wendy