Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: August Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Chris, sorry to year about your back. Mine does that periodically and it's not fun. It is good to hear that Liam is doing so well. It's amazing how quickly they get you up and moving around after surgery now. But it certainly seems that you heal a lot more quickly that way.

Wendy, David is looking great Didn't you say that this design has like 80 colors in it? I find that amazing because if you just look at it in an overall fashion it you'd think it has nothing but gray and white. But the wide array of colors used is what produces all of that wonderful shading. How far along are you now? Have you hit halfway yet?

Night Cafe is coming along pretty well. I'm now at 17,310 stitches complete. Still not quite up to 10% finished, but I'm getting close!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-08-09.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	936.4 KB 
ID:	8895 As of 8/9/18 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-08-20 Day 50.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	8894 As of 8/20/18
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Thank you so much, Debbie! There are 43 solids and 65 blends, with only two or three actual whites. When I finish this row, which is about 2/3 of a page to go, it will be three rows finished out of ten, so there's still lots to do. There will be more stitching in the lower half than the upper. Here's the photo of the floss so you can see the wide range of colours.

Name:	David 2017-11-14.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	8897

I love the vibrant colours in your Night Cafe! It seems as though you can choose which colours you would like to stitch, and go right there. Not liking the dark colours? No problem - just move to a different location!! The reds, oranges and yellows really show off the purples and blues of the previous section. You've made wonderful progress!
    Wendy

Images
    Good morning everyone! This week is our SAL for GK Charts. I'm really hoping that we will have some participants. Hopefully once the summer is over, we'll have more people joining in. I'll be continuing on with David. Will anyone be joining me?

Something to look forward to - next weekend will be an extended SAL!!
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Thank you so much, Debbie! There are 43 solids and 65 blends, with only two or three actual whites. When I finish this row, which is about 2/3 of a page to go, it will be three rows finished out of ten, so there's still lots to do. There will be more stitching in the lower half than the upper. Here's the photo of the floss so you can see the wide range of colours.!
    That really is phenomenal. Marcus is a genius when it comes to color.

I'm out this weekend since it's a GK weekend, but will definitely be in for the extended SAL. Haven't gotten much done since Sunday as I've worked a full 8-9 hours every day this week and have been too tired to concentrate.The upside to working every day this week is that after the Labor Day holiday I'm cutting back to 2 days a week. Still a lot to do, but none of it is crisis mode any longer. I've got most of the new systems in place and it's now a question of maintenance. All of the other stuff is more cosmetic and can be tackled a bit at a time things like cleaning out file drawers, writing procedure manuals for the new systems, etc. So things are looking up! And on the topic of working on needlework when you're too tired, last night I sat down and put in about 25 stitches before I realized that I'd stitches two difference symbols with the same color! And the symbols weren't even close - one was a flower and the other a star in a black circle. <shakes head> No idea where my mind was. So I frogged the stitches, put one of the two colors back in and called it a night. Won't get much done this weekend either because we're leaving Friday night to go to the races in St. Louis and won't be back until Sunday. I'll take it with me since I need to put in at least one stitch a day, but the large scroll is just too awkward to work on off the standing frame for too long, and I don't see the point in breaking down the frame to take it with me for the short amount of time I'll have to work on it in the hotel room.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    I agree with you, Debbie. Marcus is a genius!

Aww, that's too back about your frogging, but at least you discovered it before it was much worse. Enjoy your weekend at the races!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi all! Just to let you all know, I have not disappeared! I did not get anything done this past SAL-naughty me! And I don't know if you're aware, but due to the BC forest fires a little north of us, Vancouver has been sitting in smog, and smoke for a few weeks-it's been awful. The air quality has been the among the poorest ever. Just yesterday, when I left work, I saw a break in the clouds, and some blue sky for the first time in a long time. And today, finally, some RAIN! Hopefully, the smog is gone, and the fires will soon be put out. At the moment, 460 wildfires are still raging-those poor animals, and, of course, people, living in the area. This time of year always saddens me. Hopefully, with the cooler weather coming, and some rains, we will have an end to this-till next year
    Nirmal

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi all sorry for absence both pete and I are down with a cold bug.... it’s one thing after another and it’s now getting on my nerves..... we are away from 2nd September for a week in Majorca and so hopemthese illnesses have disappeared by then - if it’s not one it’s the other....

I wish I could join in but think I will leave it till we get back and hope we are both refreshed and raring to go xx

Even I feel like I am making excuses all the time - at least weather has cooled down to the point where I now have a sweater on all be it a lightweight one so no heat excuses any more
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Blog Entries
    Images
    Nirmal, liam and Kara in Victoria have been suffering the smoke too and they normally donít get that much hope it all goes soon for you all x
    Last edited by merrick10uk; 08-28-2018 at 08:54 AM.
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    I hope the rain did some good, Nirmal, and the fires are being put out. I'm at the other end of the country, almost four thousand miles away, and the smoke has made it all the way over here. It's high up in the atmosphere, so it's not affecting our air quality, but it was hazy for a few days. I heard yesterday that it went all the way to Ireland! It's hard to imagine that it can travel that far.

Enjoy your trip, Chris! I hope both you and Pete recover before you go away. How is Liam coming along in his recovery?

I'll post my SAL photos later today.
    Wendy

Images
    Here is my progress on David.

Name:	IMG_6566.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	8899 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6574.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	8900
    Wendy