Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I cut my fabric

Blog Entries
    Images
    i am sure someone on here has used congress cloth Iris there is another beginning with a C I think which Lucy uses but my head is still full of cottonwool and I can't think of the name this is about 20/22 count x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    there's one that's 19 count called Cork... I looked in my fabric stash and found 34 count linen but only one meter of it and would need at least 2. Darn...
    Iris

Iris,

I love the 24ct. Congress Cloth. I have done and finished a HAED's pattern on it and also have a GK pattern going on the Congress Cloth. I use the continental stitch because I just love stitching that way.

I also have some 18-19 count Cork Linen but I would never try a pattern like the Golden Kite on it because its not a firm enough fabric. At least for me it wouldnt be but everyones tension is different. Many years ago I had stitched some Shepherd Bush Christmas Samplers on this fabric but I used Pearl Cotton Thread for it which worked out fine.

Images
    Hello Lucy,
    does the Congress Cloth need full coverage, if it's closer to a canvas you would pretty much have to stitch everything then. Also is the Congress solid between the threads, not like linen which is up and over, I'm trying to find a close up picture online but can't quite tell. Sounds like if it is, it would be ideal.
    Iris

Images
    Hi again Lucy,
    just looking at some of your wip are they on the congress? I've never seen all the threads hanging down like that. I do that for knitting but always tie off my threads when cross stitching and needlepoint. Don't they get all tangled into the work? I can just see my cat sitting in my lap seeing all those dangling....that's just asking for trouble. LOL
    Iris

Iris,

Its hard for me to say if what you were looking at in my WIP were on Congress Cloth, I use different fabric's , just depends on what I want to stitch on at the time.

Here is a old WIP picture of my HAED's I finished on the 24ct. Congress Cloth
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seasons Winter 3-03-2011.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	263.3 KB 
ID:	2150 this is done in the continental stitch and when I stitch using the continental stitch I usually park my threads so that is why you see threads hanging.

This is my GK pattern on the 24ct. Congress Cloth but I softened it first and this is a cross stitch 1 x 1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Monster 7-12-10.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	340.0 KB 
ID:	2152

I just remembered!! I was doing this one in continental stitch also!! DOH!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Monsters 2-11-10 002.jpg  
    Last edited by LinenandFibers; 09-25-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Images
    Hi again Lucy,
    those look great. the ones I was looking at were the 7 pictures on your hyperlink at the bottom under your flag. Okay, tried the continental on the 20 count Lugana and I do see that works MUCH better than half cross, love how it looks compared to the cross stitches but do see for the coverage I want I would have to use 4 strands which is fine since I can just double up on the threads. So 5 yds not wasted after all....phew....LOL... will definitely buy some congress cloth though, I like how yours look and it would bring the sizes down a bit. On the 24 are you using 1 thread or 2? I'm thinking if the 20 needs 4 then 24 should work great with 2. thanks for all the help everyone!! When I had my store half the fabrics available today weren't even made yet so I'm not as familiar with them.
    Iris

Images
    Iris glad it's working out for you and you dont have to buy more fabric

Lucy your wips are gorgeous and so neat! I love Monsters
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Hi Abi,
    oh I'm buying more fabric, I'm getting the congress cloth in white and black and 35 count linen. I'm a stasher...especially when I know that the projects I want to do down the road are so large.
    Iris

Images
    Iris Lets hope one of those fabrics work out for you and you can get stitching. I cant see on such large counts unless I use a magnifier all the time and that makes me dizzy so I'll have to be content with big pictures or choose smaller patterns Good luck!
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure