Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I cut my fabric

Images
    Hello, I was introduced to this wonderful site by WendyLee. She informed me that although the South African Ethnic Map is from another online company (who actually introduced me to Wendy) it is indeed charted by GK. I have also bought GK charts for 3 of the Pannini's and the Last Days of Pompeia and a couple of others. I can't wait to start the Pompeia one as well. Almost all of the charts I have are HUGE...LOL...I don't know where I'm going to find the wall space but I love a challenge. Wow, 2 years of stitching. The longest I've done is 7 months it was about 1.5 feet by 2 feet. I had my own needlework store in Brandon Manitoba and was able to "work" on it at "work" ... Wendy also mentioned the SAL's. haven't had a chance to check them out yet. I've been busy trying to get all the fabric and threads together...had to go to a wholesaler to find fabric large enough to accommodate the Map...and I figured I may as well buy boxes of DMC instead of skeins. Just one color of blue at the bottom of the country is 16 skeins. And Pompeia uses 21 of black....!!

Images
    Hi Iris! I am so glad you dropped in and introduced yourself. Everyone is so friendly here and you get great motivation to continue stitching. If you have any SAL questions, just ask. I guess your fabric finally arrived - have fun sorting everything out!
    Wendy

Hi Iris and Welcome!! Happy Wendy has asked you to join us. The Africa Map you have chose to stitch is a huge one but so beautiful. You also have some very very nice GK patterns that you chose. When you get your fabric and threads and ready to start stitching, please join us in the SAL's that Wendy host for us.

Images
    Hi Iris Welcome to the group and I must say your African map is huge but just lovely. I cant wait to see you start and hope that you will join us in the sal
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Welcome!!

Blog Entries
    Images
    Iris that is one huge project you are doing it would be lovely for you to join our SAL and I know about the african site that Wendy goes on - they do some beautiful work but of course they would - its GK

my project of reading by the window has taken 2 years but I have completed several others during that time, I have just completed Santa's Secret and he is waiting for me to frame him earlier on in the year I finished a lavender & lace chart - The Wedding, for my son and daughter in law who got married on 2nd June this year Nirmal is now stitching the same one for her nephew ( i think it's a nephew - i could be wrong ) also I did an Artcey Cat for my youngest son and two Sara Moon pictures, which now hang in my bedroom so its not been all RBTW and am sure that if I didn't do other stuff it would have been finished by now but then I enjoy swapping from one to the other
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    I also have tons of projects on the go- usually I'm a big knitter but lately I've gotten back into my cross stitch. I'm just finishing off my little cat in the poppies picture that is exactly what my cat looks like. I also want to do a couple of Dr. Who pics for my brother for either Christmas or his birthday in May. I have David Tennant and John Barrowman and the monsters... Yes Wendy, got the 20 count Lugana today and the DMC boxes so I'm going to try stitching a little on it and see if it will work with whole or half crosses. I just wish I could cross stitch, needlepoint and knit all at the same time...LOL...

Images
    Iris you do sound busy Please let us know how the 20ct works out as It sounds great for the GK patterns especially If you can manage half cross stitch on it.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Morning all and especially Iris, love your map, I have seen the website and picked that one as one I would have one day, it is just so big and I love a challenge, looking forward to seeing your photos as you stitch with us. I am stitching my Forest scene but that is on hold just now as I stitch for a magazine and have a huge project to do but it won't stip me looking in here, hope you are all well?
    Glen

Images
    Okay, now I remember why I always did 2 threads over 2 threads....when you stitch over one thread on the lugana 20 count your stitches migrate under the unanchored threads....you almost have to do each cross individually to
    avoid it, and it would be a problem if it was all half crosses. Now, the crosses did look a little tight, Wendy mentioned to me that this is one issue with 20 count but if the stitches swim half crosses might not cover it for that reason as well. Has anyone mentioned a solution to this problem? I'm thinking I might get some 35 or 40 count linen and do 2 over 2....hmmm, back to the drawing board.