Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I cut my fabric

I cut my fabric

I finally got round to cutting my fabric tonight, it was so wide I will have to get my bigger scroll rods out and the bigger back bar and rebuild my stand tomorrow, it only takes a couple of minutes mind. I nearly gulped when I saw how wide it was (shouldn't really as I do Haed charts) but then I held it up as this chart is longer than the width and it is nearly as tall as me! I am only 5'2" but this comes up to my chin and I only have six inches spare so all the rest will eventually be stitched on - 18 count aida, anyone want to start a poll as to how long it will take me to do my first row??????????????????????? only 814 more to go after that - walk in the park !

Images
    Can I make a suggestion, Glenda? Have Ian take a photo of you holding up your fabric and post it here for us to see. Bea did that when when she started her Autumnal Woods and it was an awesome photo.
    Wendy

Images
    I remember that picture! That's a great idea, Wendy!

Leslie

Okay I will but when I held it up last night all I could see were thousands of little squares and thinking 'all this has to be stitched' oh boy!

Images
    One stitch at a time, Glenda! I can understand your thinking, though. That's exactly how my mind works too!
    Wendy

Photo taken, the fabric just touched the floor and I am 5'2" so all you can see is my head (still it is wide enough to hide my fat!) now I have it on my stand having changed from the standard size stand to my extra wide one, everything is set to go.......................Ian is in the kitchen putting the new doors up so the photo will follow sometime?

Images
    Great, Glenda! I await the photo.
    Wendy

I have read so many posts on here I can't remember who it was so sorry - I think it was the girl who made up a kind of 'cake system' for her needles and threads? well she said she had blown up the symbols and put them in groups of the same kind of symbols, you are so right after looking up and down the lists I can see where that would make sense! No doubt I will remember them all as time goes by - in about three years?

Glenda,

I will love to see a picture of your huge piece of fabric! I remember when Bea did this and was just amazing how big it was. I havent done that with my Map pattern, like the one Carol is stitching but I did unroll my fabric from the bolt and measured it just for fun to see how big it would be and gave me the whimmy jimmies so bad I rolled it back up and thought "someday" lol

Still chuckling at you unrolling your bolt of fabric Lucy, I have just realised that this chart I am stitching is taller that the width and it fills my large stand, I did get another chart Fra Romsdalen and that is wider than tall and there is no way that will fit on my stand, I will have to get a longer back bar and scroll rods for that one! still that will be a few years away yet?