PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Crossstitchcrazymum

Crossstitchcrazymum
04-22-2016, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone :)

i found Golden Kite only about a month ago, as I was looking for a project to do for a Sikh friend and found the one of Maharaja Duleep Singh. Perfect! Now my wish list is groaning hehe

ive been cross stitching on and off for about 15 years. I started with a lot of gifts, bookmarks, baby hats and vests stitched on with waste canvas. These days I love bigger projects, having started a few Heaven and Earth Designs and Miribilias. Unfortunatly everything I had, finished or otherwise has been lost to me when I fled my marriage last year. But I still have the patterns saved to my email archives so I can rebuild ;)
I'm now a single mum of 4, born and raised and still living in Queensland Australia.
If you like to connect elsewhere I am Sherry Fly Esque (fake name obviously) on the Golden Kite FB group, and I am 219Sherry on Instagram.

Well ill now ive just about written a short book about myself I'll sign off by saying I can't wait to meet you all, and see what everyone's working on and share my progress :)

WendyLee
04-22-2016, 01:40 PM
Hi Sherry and welcome to Golden Kite! It's nice to meet you. You can have loads of fun here - we're happy you found us! You've chosen a beauty for your first GK. Consider joining us in our Stitch-Alongs (SAL's) that we hold each Friday - Monday. Just take a 'before' photo of your work on Friday, stitch as much (or as little) as you like and take an 'after' pic when you've finished on Monday. Post them together so that we can ooohh and aaahh over your progress. I'll love to watch the Maharajah grow!

Gela
04-22-2016, 02:56 PM
Welcome Sherry, this is a real nice place so hopefully you stay with us.

WendyLee
04-23-2016, 03:31 AM
Here's a link to our SAL, Sherry: http://goldenkiteforum.com/showthread.php?8159-April-Friday-Monday-GK-SAL/page5

Abi
04-23-2016, 08:33 AM
Hi Sherry and welcome :)

merrick10uk
04-24-2016, 05:30 PM
Hi Sherry glad you finally got to post :) sorry I didn't get back to you but had a couple of computer free days due to life getting in the way ;) looking forward to seeing your progresses :) and of course chatting with you xx

Rachelecm
04-28-2016, 09:57 AM
Oops a bit late with this. But, welcome to the board Sherry. You'll find GK is one of the best ones around. :D

ArabicBulgarianCatalanChineseCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFinnishFrenchGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIndonesianItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianNorwegianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnamese
Translations made by vBET Translator 4.4.4