PDA

View Full Version : October Friday - Monday SAL - (Stitch-A-Long) Non Golden Kite :)

merrick10uk
10-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Good morning all :) I am not sure what I will be stitching on this weekend it may be Cattlea which obviously is GK or it may be Midnight Dance it all depends how I feel :) who else is joining in this weekend :)

Abi
10-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Morning Chris :) I'm in with Scratch.

merrick10uk
10-03-2013, 01:23 PM
:) I am sure I will be in with something just not sure at the moment :) I am enjoying Cattlea as it is growing quite quickly mind you Pete has finished night shift now so now he is on a string of day shifts as of tomorrow apart from weekend of 11th when we are going to Dublin for a niece's wedding :)

Rachelecm
10-03-2013, 02:20 PM
I'll be in too. With guess what? :D

Abi
10-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Rachele, Hmmm, my guess is your squirrel because you want a change from brown :D:p

The peace has broken :D Chris is it back to fighting for the remote now :D

bschoenwald
10-03-2013, 05:58 PM
I am in with a little HAED pattern. I found my lapframe and will be able to do a little stitching. :)

Gela
10-03-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm in with my new on falls of Beauty, I finely got everything together and going to start it tomorrow. :)

Abi
10-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Oh lovely :) 2 new starts from Bobbie and Angela to see :) Bobbie what's your little HAED called?

merrick10uk
10-04-2013, 10:07 AM
lol yes Abi remote fighting returned to normal ;) but as he usually falls asleep I just take it back and change channels then lol

lovely to see so many taking part in the SAL this weekend :)

stitcherfe
10-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Hi, all. Well, Santa is ready to be picked up from the framers, and I have started a super-simple Hummel figure cross-stitch, and I'll show my progress on Monday. Have a great weekend! I can't find where to change my avatar...any suggestions?

Rachelecm
10-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Hello Nancy. Click on settings at the top of the Golden Kite page (next to My Profile and Logout). Once in the settings page, on the left hand side go to My Profile and click on Edit Avatar. You should then get a page that gives you the option of custom (your own choice from your computer or from a URL) or pre-defined (I wasn't brave enough to choose Jessica Rabbit or Marge Simpson :D). Chose your picture. Then save changes. It will show you what your avatar looks like too.

ETA, I know this works as I now have Rotterdam as mine!

Which reminds. GK's Marcus got Rotterdam sorted for me! :D I am a happy bunny today and laughing like a loon (a little),though cackling manically might be more correct. :D

Winterhalter's Princess Leonilly and Robie's Flowers and Grapes (one from this month's new charts) somehow fell in to the shopping basket too. Damn clicky finger. :D

Abi
10-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Rachele you have been busy with that clicky finger :) hope there's not too much brown in them :D I really love Rotterdam :heart:

I cant find Robie's Flowers and Grapes, I found Princessan Loenilly and she is lovely :)

Rachelecm
10-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Abi it is 2821 (http://www.goldenkitestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=11344). Flowers Fruit and a bird. Sorry. Excitement. :D Princess Leonilly is one of my favourite portraits, second only to Henri Motte's Richelieu on the Sea Wall at La Rochelle (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Poster-Richelieu-Henri-Paul-Bridgeman-available/dp/B008BTK84K/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1380909722&sr=8-8&keywords=richelieu) (only part of the picture) painted in the 1880s. I will see if I can get a good enough copy of that to put up in the gallery to vote on. I adore that portrait. He is so gorgeously arrogant, striking that pose. Probably because he reminds me slightly of Christopher Lee, (though I am sure he never played Richelieu). But that picture. OK, sit down, deep breath, try not to pass out. And the red shows up so well against the back ground. I have got to stitch this one. :)

Though looking at portraits painted of him at the time, I think in reality he looked like a weasel. :D

Abi
10-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Rachele :amazed: how very dare you calling him a weasel :D Get his pic up and I'll vote for him.

Your choice of 2821 is gorgeous. I love everything about it! My your going to be a busy girl. Better stitch faster me thinks :D Which ones 1st and when will you start?

merrick10uk
10-05-2013, 08:42 AM
lol a Weasel... :)

I am way to scared to go look in the shop at what you have bought Rachele - I may end up like you and more charts fall into my basket..... I will be brave though and I will hopefully keep my clicky finger in check :) and if you put Mr Richelieu up I will vote for him x

Nancy I look forward to seeing your Santa framed :)

merrick10uk
10-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Ok I managed to nip into the store and come out unscathed :) :) :) Rachele those two are gorgeous - your princess is so beautiful and the fruit & bird one is one of those that each time you look at it you see something else you didn't see before :)

Abi
10-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Chris I wasn't tempted either :D I really must stitch some of the many patterns I already have!

merrick10uk
10-05-2013, 09:11 AM
lol me too Abi :) I am so loving Cattlea at the moment - think it must be because I haven't hit confetti stitches yet ;) as it is half the size of RBTW it should take half the time which would be 18 months but then that depends on whether I deviate onto something else in the middle ;) the only thing stitching wise that might take me away from Cattlea would be a baby sampler :) :) :) :)

Abi
10-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Chris a baby sampler sounds lovely when the time comes :)

Well If all goes to plan and I dont change my mind ;) my next start is either GK Godspeed or Visit to the Farrier. Non GK will be Lady Godiva that I already have kitted up but I've lost the pattern! I went over to HAED and surprise a 50% sale so I bought it again and another one just jumped in the basket lol..

Edit.. I swear NO more patterns! I need a new toaster cause only 2 slots are working, the grill on the cooker packed in last night and the microwave is ancient, also the car failed its mot on Monday and cost just over 600 for repairs. laugh or cry??

merrick10uk
10-05-2013, 01:12 PM
laugh Abi and go buy some more charts ;) ;)

Abi
10-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Chris :D:D No more patterns I said with great conviction so I went and bought mini Sunflowers :amazed: I swear thats the last one!

stitcherfe
10-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Thank you, Rachele for your help with changing my avatar. Unfortunately, the picture is on its side, and I can't figure out how to rotate it ( I did rotate it, but it wouldn't load as the avatar). I'll keep working on it. Anyway, those are the Hummel pictures I am working on now....super simple, but cute. Okay, I changed it again...it doesn't show well, but is what I am working on.

merrick10uk
10-06-2013, 09:59 AM
lol Abi, we are all the same hun, no more means no more until the next one :)

Abi
10-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Chris :D I know but I'm going to try really really hard!

merrick10uk
10-06-2013, 01:23 PM
I try hard all the time hun but unfortunately it is not hard enough ;) I wouldn't worry about it, we will get round to stitching them eventually ;) ;)

Abi
10-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Progress on It's just a Scratch :) Hoping everyone had a good weekend :)

before3585...after 3586

merrick10uk
10-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Abi I love this the rose is just beautiful and I am so loving those gorgeous pink colours :) the detail is perfect xxx

here are my pics of Cattlea - I know it's not a non-GK but I am so loving it :) the first picture was Friday before the start the second was Sunday when I had completed page 3 and the third is where I was when I finally went to bed last night :) - think I just made getting in to bed last night and not this morning - mind you I was up again an hour later with a hot milky horlicks trying to make myself tired :(

Rachelecm
10-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Neither of you must have got much sleep this weekend and the results show. They are both coming along, at speed. Where as I think I made up for both of you when it came to sleep. My cold knocked me out and I slept for most of the weekend. Awake for two hours on Saturday and probably six on Sunday. I did not stitch much. Just a few stitches in the Red Squirrel. I will post a pic later when I get a bit more worth posting!

Abi
10-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Thanks Chris, I'm liking it more now that the darker colours are coming in :) Cattlea looks fabulous! I dont think I have ever seen a prettier background. I love it :)

Thanks Rachele, I'm really enjoying stitching this one :) Your right lol, I dont sleep much and think it's a waste of time :D When I do go to bed I usually cough all night so I get up and stitch!

stitcherfe
10-08-2013, 02:22 PM
I can't get my pictures to download, but 'The Little Hiker' is coming along quickly...I'll keep trying!

bschoenwald
10-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Chris and Abi, wonderful progress both of you!

Chris, I really don't think it is going to take you 18 months to finish this one at the rate you are going. What on earth is a hot milky horlicks? I am almost afraid to ask...lol.

Abi, the roses are really looking lovely on Scratch. Sunflowers looks like a great new project! I am trying to resist buying something myself. I certainly don't "need" anything... but, there are so many more great patterns that I don't have..

Hope you are feeling better Rachele

bschoenwald
10-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Here is the small project I am working on while we are in our "temporary housing" this month. Wow, do I ever miss the chair I usually sit in to stitch and my floor frame. But, it has given me the excuse to do this bright little pattern which will go with the Blue Butterfly from earlier this year. This is Tranquil Tulip.35953596

anna122207
10-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Good work everyone! I had a busy, busy weekend so I didn't get to work on my rose :(

Chris, what count/type fabric are you using? I like the coverage!

Abi
10-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Thanks Bobbi :) It's hard to resist when the patterns are so cheap and even though I couldn't resist I haven't bought anymore yet :D I love your Tulip with it's bright cheery colours. Great progress!

Thanks Anna :) Looking forward to seeing your Rose next sal.

Abi
10-08-2013, 10:29 PM
I can't get my pictures to download, but 'The Little Hiker' is coming along quickly...I'll keep trying!

Nancy I hope you manage to get your pic posted. Fingers X :)

Rachelecm
10-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Bobbi, tulips are one of my favourite flowers. Who is the designer?

merrick10uk
10-09-2013, 04:35 PM
thank you everyone :) Bobbi your little project is gorgeous I love tulips :)

Rachele I did sleep a little ;) ;)

Anna I am using 18ct davosa - lol I have fogotten what it is call Abi HELLLLP!!!! :)

Nancy I hope you work out what is up with your uploading as we are waiting to see your little hiker :)

Gela
10-09-2013, 05:48 PM
It seams I'm always a day late, but I got a nice start on my Falls of Beauty, a lot of brown and black but I just started on a nice green last night. The picture does not show a lot and the coverage is not as see through as on the picture. I'm stitching on 14 count aida, I know 18 count would have covered better but I like the bigger size of the picture better.

Abi great progress, it's coming along great. :D I think we all have the same problem with wanting all the charts out there. ;)

Chris you moving along so fast love the way it looks.:)

Bobbi cute little design.:)

No before there was nothing:

bschoenwald
10-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Oh my gosh, Angela that is alot done for just starting this weekend! :amazed: I like how we can see the leaves emerging with just the dark colours stitched.

Rachele, this is a blindingly bright pattern by Hannah Lynn over on the HAED website. I think my girls will love it. After the more subdued and elegant Teresa Wentzler and Grape Picker, this is a nice change of pace. Although I almost wince when I pick up some of these colours, I am having fun with the pattern.

stitcherfe
10-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Before:3619 After:3620

And, if my luck holds, Santa all framed and ready for Christmas: 3621

Abi
10-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Chris :D Its just called Zweigart Davosa 100% cotton evenweave :D
Thanks Angela :) Great start on your new MS pattern. I really like how flat your stitches lay on the 14ct :)

Nancy I love your cheeky boy, hes so cute :D Father Christmas in his frame looks fantastic. Great stitching!

anna122207
10-10-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm in this weekend with my rose!

Gela
10-11-2013, 11:03 PM
Nice job on you Hummel, there are so cute.:D

stitcherfe
10-12-2013, 02:18 AM
Thank you, Abi and Angela. I've always liked the Hummel figures, so couldn't resist the cross stitch.

Abi
10-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Chris are we having a sal :D

merrick10uk
10-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Abi yes of course hun I completely forgot what day of the week it was :( I am sorry girls :(

I will be in but not sure what with yet :) possibly midnight dance but then it may be Cattlea ;) :) :)

Who else is joining in girls :)

Abi
10-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Thanks Chris :) I'm in with Scratch.

merrick10uk
10-18-2013, 04:48 PM
thanks for reminding me Abi :) I will try not to forget next week :)

bschoenwald
10-18-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm in with Tranquil Tulip :)

Abi
10-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Chris just don't forget the frame shop :D

Gela
10-18-2013, 08:25 PM
I'm in with Falls of beauty.:)

anna122207
10-18-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm in with my rose. I didn't get to work on it last weekend :special: This weekend is a lot calmer, hoping to get quite a bit done!

merrick10uk
10-19-2013, 12:57 AM
ooohh lots of participants this weekend :)

Abi, I won't forget the framers - I only need to come on here and I can feel the eyes burning into the back of my neck lol :)

LeslieB
10-19-2013, 03:52 AM
Oooh!! I think I'll have time to stitch this weekend while I'm not cooking, but I want to work on my Lighthouse, instead of my hardanger bookmarks! Maybe I'll do a little of both! I better go off and take pictures while I'm thinking about it so I'll have before photos!

Abi
10-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Chris enjoy choosing your frame ;) at least you have someone to take with you so the burdens halved :D

Have a great weekend everyone :) I'll look forward to seeing all your work :)

Rachelecm
10-19-2013, 11:19 PM
I'll be stitching tomorrow while on the train to Peterborough. I have started the Heritage Stitchcraft Squirrel. Today was frogging some of the back ground around the leaf on my flowers. Nigh on impossible with all that dark colour! I may have to fudge a little. But as it is background absolutely NO-ONE will notice. :)

Abi
10-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Rachele your dead right! No one will notice the background and If your happy with it who cares :D Enjoy your squirrel :)

merrick10uk
10-21-2013, 09:58 AM
I agree - I know that there are errors in my rbtw background :( but no one can tell hun - it makes the project unique to you xxx

Abi
10-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Morning all :)

I'm finding it hard to stitch on Scratch :( I stitch on it for a day then lose interest so I think it will either take forever on go in the UFO drawer!

3646 .. 3647

Rachelecm
10-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Hello Abi, don't give up with Scratch! Even a little stitching is progress and she is really coming along.

Here is progress on my tiny Heritage Stitchcraft squirrel that is only going to be about two and three quarter inches high. So tiny and should be finished by the end of the week. :)

3648 3649

Abi
10-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Thanks Rachele :) Great progress on your little squirrel, he's going to be really cute :)

I started Scratch with my niece in mind as she loves anything pink and I thought it would look good in her b room. She has now re decorated the room and asked If I could change the roses to blue to match her new decor :amazed: Imagine my answer.

merrick10uk
10-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Abi, Rachele is right a little stitching is stitching that won't need doing again and is progress :) scratch is looking gorgeous :)

Rachele am loving your squirrel :) I see grey squirrels every day in my garden :) I love them even though Pete always says if it wasn't for their bushy tail they would be rats :( :(

Well RBTW has gone to be framed :) :) 7 to 10 days he said :) and not as expensive as I thought - I have never used this person but his wife cross stitches and he says he tries to be cheaper than the others because that's why he started framing - to make it cheaper for his wife's pictures :) I went with no gold on the frame just the plain wood that matches our dining table and some pictures already on the wall :)

I will upload a photo of my SAL later - I will take a pic of it in a bit :) not managed too much but at least it was some x

merrick10uk
10-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Well I did cattlea this weekend :) not as much as I would have liked but just didn't have my head in right place this week x

Gela
10-22-2013, 09:13 PM
Hello everyone, I'm not a hole day late for a change.;)

Chris every little bit counts, sometimes you need a little break.;)

Abi, I like but you got to enjoy stitching it. I felt like this with Coralina but I'm glad I stuck with it. Has your niece lost her mind???? ;)

Rachele, cute squirrel. :)

Here is my before and after:

bschoenwald
10-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Angela, I really like the way the leaves look with the rich golds.

Chris, cattlea is looking good. I am looking forward to seeing RBTW all framed! How exciting.

Rachele, your squirrel is cute! It is fun to take a break and work on something quick.

Abi, I think scratch is looking good, I like the colours of the roses. Just don't avoid stitching all together simply because you don't want to work on it. Switch projects for sure rather than that. And, OMG, I can just imagine the look on your face when your neice asked if you could change colours..

bschoenwald
10-22-2013, 10:09 PM
36543655 Here is my progress on tranquil tulip. I am not liking the way this is turning out. I hate to just quit, but I am really glad it is a small pattern. If I was at home, I would probably put it aside, but since it is this or nothing I will continue working on it.

Abi
10-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Thanks Chris, I'm back with Hafen now and enjoying it.This weekend like you my head wasnt in the right place for stitching and with the plea from the niece and other issues I shouldn't have bothered! Your Orchid is looking beautiful and your progress is great. Looking forward to seeing RBTW :)

Thanks Angela and the niece needs a good slap :amazed: she knows what goes into stitching. Great progress on Falls, it looks great and the colours are lush :)

Thanks Bobbi :), I think your Tulip looks great and you stitched so much. What dont you like? Scratch wont stop me stitching :) I'll just carry on regardless with something else If I decide to scrap it.

anna122207
10-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Here is my Rose progress, I finished off the two buds on the center/right, worked a bit on the stems center/left.

LeslieB
10-23-2013, 06:08 AM
I'm a little late in posting. I didn't stitch as much over the weekend as I'd hoped, and I went to the dentist after work this evening. I stuck to my Lighthouse all weekend. I am having problems getting my camera's "auto" setting to get the color tones of the light right, but at least you can see the stitch progress. Everyone seems to have gotten lots of progress over the weekend. 3662 Well, I keep getting error messages when I try to attach my before photo. So, all I'm including here is my after! Sorry!

merrick10uk
10-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Thank you girls :)

Angela, Bobbi, Leslie and Anna you have all done so well this sal :) I am loving your Rose Anna it is a beautiful colour :) Leslie, that sea is growing gorgeously and I love the colours, Angela you have done so much on this one I love the fall colours and Bobbi i love tulips and this one is looking beautiful the colours are so vibrant x

Rachelecm
10-23-2013, 10:07 AM
I love all these updates! Everyone is making fantastic progress. :D

Abi, I can just imagine your comment! I doubt if your niece realised the effort it takes to make something as detailed as that.

Bobbi, please don't stop stitching your butterfly. From where I am sitting it looks lovely. I always get sad when stitching gets abandoned. Even though it is small there is a lot of time and effort involved to get this far. What don't you like about it?

Had to laugh at the 'cute' comments on my squirrel. Vicious, flea infested little vermin. :D

stitcherfe
10-23-2013, 02:00 PM
I finished The Little Hiker, and have set up for the other Hummel picture, 'Off to Town'. No pictures of either yet...I still have to wash and press the Hiker, and haven't done enough on the other to show anything. But I will next time, for sure.

Abi
10-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Anna you Rose is just beautiful and growing well :)

Leslie, Lighthouse looks fantastic and such gorgeous colours :)

Rachele, sadly the niece does realise the work that goes into stitching and for that reason I'm keeping it for myself :D
Nancy, sounds like you have been busy! Looking forward to seeing your pictures :)

merrick10uk
10-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Nancy I look forward to seeing both when you have taken their photos :)

anna122207
10-29-2013, 08:56 PM
My rose before and after, working on the stems to the left.

merrick10uk
10-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Anna this is such a beautiful rose :) would go perfect in my lounge ;) ;)

Gela
10-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Anna your rose is beautiful.:)

Abi
10-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Gorgeous :)

WendyLee
10-31-2013, 02:28 AM
What a beauty you are stitching Anna, and you're making wonderful progress on it! Is this linen you are working on?

anna122207
10-31-2013, 03:01 PM
Thanks everyone! I am working on linen, 18c. I just like the way it looks with the rose, kind of rustic. A lot of the linen will be exposed so I wanted to do something a little different with it!

WendyLee
10-31-2013, 03:24 PM
That was a great choice of fabric!

anna122207
10-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Thank you!

ArabicBulgarianCatalanChineseCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFinnishFrenchGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIndonesianItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianNorwegianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnamese
Translations made by vBET 4.4.4